This policy will explain how we process, collect, manage and store your details and how your rights under the GDPR, are adhered to.Stoke Newington Bookshop is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and those using our website. We never have and never will sell personal information to third parties.
Users can subscribe through an online automated process whereby they have given their explicit permission. Subscriber personal details are collected, processed, managed and stored in accordance with the regulations named above. Subscribers can unsubscribe at any time through an automated online service, or if not available, other means as detailed in the footer of sent marketing messages. The type and content of messages subscribers receive is clearly outlined at the point of subscription as solely being for communication from Stoke Newington Bookshop to the subscriber of news about events being held in or by the bookshop, or news about the bookshop.
Mail Chimp software may gather statistics on opening rates and clicks on links, which help us monitor and improve our communications. Individuals can unsubscribe at any time from newsletters by clicking the unsubscribe link contained at the foot of each newsletter.
Applicable to orders placed by the customer in store, and to orders emailed to the bookshop by the customer. When placing a customer order, we will collect some customer information including name, phone number or email address which will only be used to contact the customer with updates on the status of their order if neccessary. This information is stored securely. This is not shared with any third parties, and customers can request access to the contact details we hold for them at any time, as well as requesting the erasure of all information held if required.
To request access to or erasure of your customer order information and history, please contact us and we’ll aim to respond within 48 hours.
We use Google Analytics to better understand how visitors use our website and to do this our site places cookies (small text files) on devices that are used to access it. Cookies will anonymously record information such as your IP address and locality and time spent visiting different pages of our website. None of this information uses, or requires the use, of personal information and is processed in a way that does not identify individuals. We do not make any attempts to find out the identities of individuals visiting our website. By clicking ‘Accept’ on the Cookie banner when you visit our site, you agree to the placement of cookies on your device.
Rights and information requests
You have several rights, which we will endeavour to adhere to, and we will aim to respond to information requests within one month. Please note that we will need to ask for valid proof of identification before proceeding with any requests. Your rights are detailed below:
- RIGHT TO BE INFORMED – Individuals should be informed of how their data is collected, stored and processed in a clear, accessible way (the purpose of this Privacy Statement)
- RIGHT OF ACCESS – Individuals can request access to a copy of their data in electronic form and details of how it is processed
- RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION – Individuals are entitled to have their data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- RIGHT TO ERASURE – Also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’, this permits individuals to request the deletion of their data
- RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING – Individuals can request a halt on processing if they object to accuracy or purpose but you can still hold the data until resolved (this would be an immediate action by us)
- RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY – Individuals can request their data in a suitable digital format, sent either directly to them or to a third party
- RIGHT TO OBJECT – Individuals can object to the processing of their data
Who to contact
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date, and you may ask us to correct or remove information at any time. If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to the data we hold about you, as listed above, then please do not hesitate to get in touch by contacting Mark Adams on email@example.com.